Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Spring, verging on Summer

They say time flies, and they mean it.  I have been working, friends; this time of year is always interesting for me. With the arrival of spring I am inspired to paint in in the colors appearing before me and indulge in the new textures forming.

I am inspired to drive my car off into distant lands, forage in the forest and pull every weed in my garden by hand in preparation for this year's crop.

Time can and will escape me.

With all this action floating around in my head, I suddenly was called in for Jury Duty. I was fortunate enough to get picked to sit on a Jury as Juror #11. It was an experience, and I certainly learned a lot! It really is nothing like being a juror on Ally McBeal. No quirky nose whistling, and No singing AT ALL.

...

Since my last post, I have conquered some of my spring tasks.

©2014 Lauren Kistner
Garden  - Planted! 

New Display Panels - Built! 

photo © Lauren T Kistner
New Panels for Future Paintings - Built! 

photo ©2014 Lauren T Kistner
Greta Gnatek Redzko's Painting "Lauren" is now cradled, varnished and hung - Done! 

©2014 Lauren T Kistner and Mike Chambers, Getaway Bike, Acrylic on Canvas

I had a very unique and eye opening opportunity, inspired by Treasure Valley Artist Alliance's newest exhibition "Four Eyes, an Optical Collusion" (don't you just love the name?) Mike Chambers and I worked together on one canvas to bring about our piece "Getaway Bike" full of little jibbly bits hidden in the scenery. Come to the show's opening reception at BSU Radio Stations June 6th from 5-8 p.m. to find Waldo in our piece! Free, all ages.

©2014 Lauren T Kistner and Mike Chambers, Getaway Bike, Acrylic on Canvas
We started by working on the panel together, then each of us got a day with it. We finished it together. 

©2014 Lauren T Kistner and Mike Chambers, Getaway Bike, Acrylic on Canvas
Signing our finished panel! 
Pam McKnight, Jaki Kats Ashford and I also worked on a collaborative piece that will be included in the show. I am grateful for both experiences, and very glad I got to work with everyone involved.  Exhibition runs through August 7th.

Coming Up Next! 
Find me in Julia Davis Park June 1st for my 5th adventure at Art & Roses! This is a fabulous family friendly art event. All work is original and over 70 LOCAL Artists. I will be debuting my two newest works -

©2014 Lauren T Kistner, Beryl, Mixed Media on Panel
Beryl
24" x 24"
Oil on Panel

©2014 Lauren T Kistner, Calico, Mixed Media on Panel
Calico
24" x 24"
Mixed Media on Panel

I hope to see yo there! Until then - Enjoy your day! 

2 comments:

  1. Your new pieces are looking good! How did you build your display panels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I loosely followed the lead of this page -
      http://williamgreenlaw.com/2011/09/how-to-make-your-own-art-display-panels/
      Instead of the heavy 2"x4" I used 1"x 2" poplar and framed it in as if I were building a canvas. I was able to make two panels for around $60. All materials easily obtained from Home Depot :)

      Delete