Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Boise AIR Studio Move-in

I am moving into the Boise Department of Arts & History Artist in Residence studio that was awarded to Boise Open Studios Collective. This is our last month with the studio so we are hoping to make April's First Thursday extra fun! My studio mates for the month are multi-media Lisa Cheney and plein air painter Rose Elkovich.
My paintings will be on display, but my main focus for the use for the space this month will be three illustrative series. Magpies, Anatomy Nouveau, and works on maps. If inspiration provides, something new will form out of my time working with the other artists in the space.

©2014 Lauren T Kistner, Studio shot of Lisa Cheney's multi media work.
Lisa Cheney all set up to work! Visit her blog here

©2014 Lauren T Kistner, Eardrum and lungs illustrations
Sneak peak - Two of my new works to be completed - the eardrum and lungs
©2014 Lauren T Kistner, AIR Studio, March
Current set-up, always subject to change :) 

I am ready for this adventure, you can find me Tues, Wed, Fri - Noon - 2, Saturday Noon-4. There will be a range of times that I will just pop down and work, studio mates as well, so don't be a stranger! Progress shots of work will be blogged for your enjoyment.

To see what I have been up in this long delay from posting, feel free to browse my facebook page.

Have yourself an excellent color filled day!







No comments:

Post a Comment