Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Throw Back Thursday

Over the Holidays I got to spend some quality time with my wonderful mother. We ate, we drank, we rummaged through the old and the new. Learning things about the family and looking at photos and old artwork lying around was wonderful. I was so content I almost purred.
©2014 Lauren T Kistner, all rights reserved
Little Lauren on the left. I do not remember the teddy bear, but I do remember my sister's Jelly Shoes quite fondly.

Then....
I discovered my mother is an art thief.

She showed me doodles and sketches from my youth and through my first years of college.
Then She said to me "Did you ever find the one that I hid?"
"What? What did you hide?"
"The one that is mine." (insert sheepish giggles here)

©2014 Lauren T Kistner, graphite illustration, 2001, all rights reserved
The drawing my mother hid behind a giraffe picture for 13 years. 
Later she informed me that I left it at her house and it became her property. NOW I know. Really, I suppose it is a fair assumption. Though I believe I still lived there when she thieved the picture. We hung it in her living room so she no longer has to live in fear.



1 comment:

  1. I love this post Lauren. What a cherished memory for you to learn of your mothers' hidden treasure. It brought tears to my eyes thinking about that shared experience for you both. :)

    ReplyDelete