Friday, March 14, 2014

AIR Studio progress Week 1

Day one working in the studio. Further progress on my working space has got me giddy. I am very much enjoying leaving the distractions of a home studio where they belong and delving into my work. 
©2014 Lauren T Kistner, AIR Studio
My cozy corner

©2014 Lauren T Kistner, New Work, watercolor
It was a yellow kind of day! 
Background for the eardrum and some detailing of the spleen occurred. 

©2014 Lauren T Kistner, Eardrum, watercolor
detail of eardrum

©2014 Lauren T Kistner, Lisa Cheney AIR Studio
Lisa Cheney's work space is captivating. Sometimes I geek out on her lovely set-up. Looking forward to working with her in the studio! 
Day two

2 1/2 hours of work! 
This may turn out to be the most colorful of the series yet. I had limited my palette
for the first in the series, but this one is busting out of the norm. I'm going to go with it and enjoy the road it takes me down.

Day 3
3 hours

©2014 Lauren T Kistner, work in progress, watercolor
Most of the watercolor is down. 
©2014 Lauren T Kistner, work in progress, watercolor
Up for a stretch then on to inking! 

©2014 Lauren T Kistner, work in progress, watercolor and ink
Detail, with the eardrum and cochlea in stripes


©2014 Lauren T Kistner, work in progress, watercolor and ink
End of work day.
It is hard to walk away, the little parts call out, singing to me to sit back down and complete them. Unfortunately my neck and back say no, and my crossing eyes give up. Outlining takes some time to get used to, the transition from painting takes a while. Once I am on a roll, I want to finish. I find myself tucked in these little moments of terror; that I will come back and a straight line will decide to become an arch and vice versa, one misplaced brush stroke, spilled beverage, or clumsy sweater sleeve. C'est la vie! Somebody, quick! Grab me a fortune cookie :)



No comments:

Post a Comment