Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Chalk HeArt Challenge

Whew!

With the Modern Adventure in the past along with another amazing Art in the Bar, I am ready to share with you what's next, on short notice.


Coming up on Thursday, May 8th, I am honored to be one of the Judges for the Love What's Real Chalk HeArt Challenge brought to you by the wonderful people at the Idaho Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence - This is a truly enjoyable event where students middle school - high school statewide come down to the Center on the Grove and illustrate poems written by their peers. The poems are chosen from the collection published in the Love What's Real writing competition that happened earlier this year.

"The Center for Healthy Teen Relationships is a statewide prevention and response effort to educate secondary school students and the community on the importance of healthy relationships and the prevalence of teen dating violence."
Discover more about this event at the Facebook page and the website at Love What's Real. 

This will by my second year as a judge, and I am truly very excited to see what these amazing young people create this year. But First - my homework :)



© Lauren T Kistner, all rights reserved
Teaser shot of new work on my table



I will be posting new paintings, progress in the garden, adventures in foraging, and news in the near future. Until then, I wish you a most excellent day, and hope you can make it out to see our students chalking it up!

© Lauren T Kistner, all rights reserved.
Work in Progress #2 

No comments:

Post a Comment